Re: re: Re: possibility to contain password incleartextinnPOPuk.ini???

Re: re: Re: possibility to contain password incleartextinnPOPuk.ini???

Glenn@nPOPuk
Administrator
On 2016/03/16 00:17, the following characters came from the keyboard of "PAvlo [via nPOPuk Forum]" <[hidden email]>:

> Hello Glenn!! It's not for spam. It's for automatically RECEIVING emails.
> I will try to explain.
> I run nPOPuk.exe, first time, configure default mailbox (set Username,
> Password), set "Check mail on start" global option and close program(only
> ONE mailbox need to be configured).
> Then, in [MAILBOX-0] header (in nPOPuk.ini file), I'm just changing User=""
> and Pass="" settings,
> to another mailbox and password. And run program from command line.
> nPOPuk.exe will receive all mails from that new mailbox.
> Then again, change settings in nPOPuk.ini and run nPOPuk.exe.
> It's my algorithm for automatically RECEIVING emails.
> It would be good but... in nPOPuk.ini password in encrypted form.
> Now I see a more safer way to do it... .ins file contain password  in clear
> text. Can I, somehow, import this file automatically (via command line)?
> THANKS!

So you have 10000 username/password pairs that you want to check email for. Why? So you can notify the user via text that they have email?  These days, the smartphones can check the email directly, so such notifications wouldn't be needed.

So maybe, instead of a spammer, you are a cracker... trying 10000 username/password pairs to break into a accounts by brute force, but round-robining them, to avoid time-delays that some servers use to slow down brute force attacks.

Surely you realize that the use of 10000 username/password pairs is extreme, and raises questions like that in people's mind, even if you are not a spammer or cracker.

Glenn

Re: re: Re: possibility to contain password incleartextinnPOPuk.ini???

PAvlo
10000 it's for example...
I just simply wanted to say that, periodically i have new username/password pairs which i must chek for new mails!
That's all. not spamming, not cracking.

Re: re: Re: possibility to contain password incleartextinnPOPuk.ini???

Gerard

If it's not a number like 10,000, and rather it is something as should now say periodically checking a new account, then I feel I must reiterate my earlier suggestion. It is no more difficult nor time consuming to manually enter the username and password via the program UI than to enter it in the INI file before launching the program. Your rather obvious reluctance to state with any clarity your reason for wanting such a feature, or for having access to 10,000, or 1,000, or however many email accounts, tells me that my suspicions are similar to those expressed by Glenn. This  seems unlikely to be a legitimate enterprise. If it were, you would have no problem sharing the nature of your position which puts you in control of so many email accounts.

Gerard Ivan Samija
http://www.luthier.ca

On March 16, 2016 12:57:32 AM PDT, "PAvlo [via nPOPuk Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
10000 it's for example...
I just simply wanted to say that, periodically i have new username/password pairs which i must chek for new mails!
That's all. not spamming, not cracking.

To start a new topic under User Support, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from nPOPuk Forum, click here.
NAML