Re: Win CE3 HPC2000 version "not valid" forJ720?

Re: Win CE3 HPC2000 version "not valid" forJ720?

Geoffrey
Administrator
That should be the right version.  You can also try

 npopuk303_wce30arm.zip  (no ssl, but you can see if it at least opens
up on your J720)

 npopuk303ssl_wce211arm.zip (very minor differences between CE3 and
CE211)

It's possible I packed the wrong file into the zip archive -- or that
the file got corrupted somehow.

-Geoffrey

On 08/27/2015 16:03, "DaveW [via nPOPuk Forum]"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I still make occasional use of an HP Jornada 720, which I believe is
> Win CE3, HPC 2000.
>
> I've been using an old version of npop (v. 2.09), but wanted to
> bring it up to date.
>
> I downloaded npopuk303ssl_wce30arm.zip (669kb), unzipped and copied
> to the device.
>
> However, attempts to start the program produce an error message:
> "npopuk is not a valid Windows CE program."
>
> If this is not the correct version for my device, which is the
> correct one?
>
> Thank you,
>     DaveW

Re: Win CE3 HPC2000 version "not valid" forJ720?

DaveW
I tried the other versions, as you suggested  (npopuk303_wce30arm.zip with no ssl, and  npopuk303ssl_wce211arm.zip.

Both open and seem to work fine.

Will you be checking the npopuk303ssl_wce30arm.zip file to make sure that it contains the proper .exe?
or should I just plan on using the wce211 version?

Since there are separate versions for the two operating systems, I suppose there are compatibility issues that may crop up with use.

Thank you,
    DaveW

Re: Win CE3 HPC2000 version "not valid" forJ720?

Geoffrey
Administrator
Thanks for checking the other files.  I have just re-compiled the wce30/hpc2000 arm binary and replaced the one in the zip file, and then uploaded the new zip file to the web site.

The file size was very close (1248 vs 1247 kb) -- if I'd put the mips (1270 kb) or x86 (841 kb) binary in the zip file, it would have been obvious.  The files did differ, but probably the build date is encoded somehow, and I don't have a good binary differ.

Re: Win CE3 HPC2000 version "not valid" forJ720?

DaveW
Geoffrey,
Thank you for posting the updated .zip file.
It works very well.
By the way, according to the "about" box in the program, it is version 3.04b1 (SSL).

Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you!

      Dave Wurm

Re: Win CE3 HPC2000 version "not valid" forJ720?

Geoffrey
Administrator
Don't know if you're still interested, but version 3.04 has just been released.

Re: Win CE3 HPC2000 version "not valid" forJ720?

Gerard

Sure, I'll be downloading it next week when we get home from vacation. The Win32 version anyway as I still use nPOPuk exclusively on the tablet.

I still have an HTC Kaiser and a Toshiba e830, both running WM6.5, but only start those up when my son wants to play Deep Down Race - a fun old game I helped test that never made it beyond Windows Mobile. I do have the previous release of nPOPuk installed on the little WM phone, so will probably overwrite that and give it a try. Will report if anything jumps up as not working properly. But I don't normally use that device and don't have any filters set up to test the changes.

Gerard Ivan Samija
http://www.luthier.ca

On November 7, 2017 4:13:22 AM PST, "Geoffrey [via nPOPuk Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Don't know if you're still interested, but version 3.04 has just been released.

http://npopuk-forum.986084.n3.nabble.com/Re-Win-CE3-HPC2000-version-not-valid-forJ720-tp4023275p4023417.html
To start a new topic under Handheld User Support, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from nPOPuk Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Win CE3 HPC2000 version "not valid" forJ720?

DaveW
Geoffrey,
I have downloaded both the Win32 and CE3 HPC2000 versions.
I still use both.
Thank you,
    DaveW
Don't know if you're still interested, but version 3.04 has just been released.

http://npopuk-forum.986084.n3.nabble.com/Re-Win-CE3-HPC2000-version-not-valid-forJ720-tp4023275p4023417.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Win CE3 HPC2000 version "not valid" forJ720?, click here.
NAML