Feature suggestion: Save attachments from the main window.

Feature suggestion: Save attachments from the main window.

guest
In the main window, we can delete attachments but can't save attachments.
I suggest add a command to the "Mail" menu and the context menu of Mail List in the Main Window to open the "Save Attachments" dialog of the selected mail. And download the attachments if they are not downloaded yet.

Further improvement (but not necessary):
When multiple mails are selected and filenames of attachments collide, auto renaming or allow renaming attachments in the "Save Attachments" dialog.

Re: Feature suggestion: Save attachments from the main window.

Geoffrey
Administrator
That's an interesting suggestion, but I don't see it being used very frequently.

The "delete attachments" command was added to the Mail menu in the main window so that one could easily cut down the size of the mailbox on disk by deleting the attachments in all messages in one go.