Error: server disconnected (Hotmail)

killingtime
Hello,

New to nPOPuk.

I have it set up with Hotmail via the hotmail.ins sample file (Win7 x64). I can send and receive OK however, after either action I see a modal dialogue stating: Error: server disconnected.

Both disconnect options are checked under global options.

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to solve it?

Many Thanks.

Re: Error: server disconnected (Hotmail)

killingtime
I should have added that if you select Stop from the Connect menu just after mail processing has completed then you don't get the error.

Is this normal behaviour or is there a way to automatically stop the connection after mail upload & download has completed?

Many Thanks,

Re: Error: server disconnected (Hotmail)

Geoffrey
Administrator
I noticed the same behavior; there's something odd about the way Hotmail's servers handle the POP3 QUIT command.  nPOPuk sends QUIT, the server responds with something like
+OK Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 POP3 server signing off.
and then nPOPuk times out waiting for the connection to be closed.  The other mail servers I use (Verizon, GMail) all close the connection, and nPOPuk gets the socket closed event; and Hotmail used to do this, also.  I have a beta version that detects the timeout and prevents the error, if you're interested in trying it.

Re: Error: server disconnected (Hotmail)

Geoffrey
Administrator
Please try 3.04 rc1 and see if this solves your problem.